Thursday, September 17, 2020

Week 03 Values/Contrast

 This week, we had to use various render passes of a composition of a truck and mannequins to create an illustration in Photoshop. I used the normal, depth, AO, ID, and toon line renders, pictured below.

AO Render

ID

Normal

Toon Line

ZDepth

I decided on going for a retro neon 80's vibe, using these pictures as inspiration.


Inspiration


I created the base of my piece using a black and white version of the normal map, with the green channel of the normal map overlayed on top. I then adjusted the levels.


Base layers and result

Then, I added color using masked gradient maps, using the ID render to grab the selections. Some glow for the lights and blurs were also added.


Colors added

I added shading by using the AO pass filled with a solid color and black and white gradients all set to multiply.

Shading added

Finally, I added details. I added a grid in the background using a pattern fill with glows, and used the toonline render with blurs as well as a mask on a pink color.


Details Added

Final

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grave of the Fireflies: Sprint 12

 In this sprint, I helped create a new introductory level that precedes the main experience. I created the sequencer, adding in the introduc...