Friday, July 9, 2021

Grave of the Fireflies: Sprint 11

    During this sprint, I mainly tackled updating the model in the Seita rig and painting the skin weights. The rig is now finished and being used to update the animations.



I am now done with all of the specific tasks assigned to me, so I began polishing things in the engine. I tweaked the tiling of the water material so that it is less noticeable. I also began working on optimizations for the scene, such as reducing the particles in the fire to lower a shader complexity hotspot. I identified a tree model as being too complex, and reducing the number of leaf cards on it has been added to the task list.


The water tiling is less obvious now.

the fire effect looks largely the same, but the number of particles used was halved.

While the fire area is still more complex, it is now only red and no longer white. Reducing the leaf cards on the tree_03 model should help reduce the other hotspots in the scene.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Grave of the Fireflies: Sprint 12

 In this sprint, I helped create a new introductory level that precedes the main experience. I created the sequencer, adding in the introduc...