Friday, February 5, 2021

Grave of the Fireflies VR: Sprint 2

For this sprint, I worked on getting into VR to check out the scene and make adjustments to it. I tightened up the placement of interactable props so that they are closer to the player, and implemented colliders to limit the player's movement to the intended area.

I placed hidden colliders and moved props like the umbrella and stove closer to the player.


Additionally, I started working on creating trees for the scene. I began modeling a tree in Houdini using the new SideFX Labs Tree generation nodes. I plan to set up a Houdini Asset so that we can procedurally create tree variations directly in the scene. I am researching the Houdini videos on baking down the branches/leaves so that our trees can remain low poly. The trunk is about 100 polys/200 tris.

Houdini Tree WIP


I also began creating some basic tree cards in Photoshop to help fill out the background.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Grave of the Fireflies: Sprint 12

 In this sprint, I helped create a new introductory level that precedes the main experience. I created the sequencer, adding in the introduc...