Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Shapes Assignment

For Common Art, the first assignment was to pick out a spaceship or building in  a Sparth piece, recreate the general form in Maya using primitive shapes, and then use a screenshot/render of the 3D forms to illustrate on top of.


First, I picked out the Sparth image to reference.

Artwork by Sparth I referenced.

Then, I modeled a base form in Maya. I also added lights to approximate the lighting present in the illustration. I took captures of both the pure model without lighting, as well as the model lit.
Unlit Mesh
Mesh with lighting



Then, I brought the captures into Photoshop and painted on top of them, resulting in this illustration.


Final Illustration










No comments:

Post a Comment

Grave of the Fireflies: Sprint 12

 In this sprint, I helped create a new introductory level that precedes the main experience. I created the sequencer, adding in the introduc...