Friday, April 23, 2021

Grave of the Fireflies: Sprint 7

 This sprint, I updated some materials in the engine. I created the water material, as well as a ground material with dirt and grass color variants. I set up the ground material with vertex painting so we can paint in the dirt pathway.

Dirt Material

Grass Material

Water Material


Once Nitin modeled the tree trunks, I added the leaves. I created a card texture in photoshop. I modified spheres to get the overall form for the leaves, and wrote a script to duplicate the leaf card and distribute along the surface of the shape. Then I hand tweaked the positioning of the leaf cards.

Tree leaf preview

Tree leaf preview

Trees with material in engine


another small tweak I did was adjust the height of the fire, so it was shorter and more akin to a campfire.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Grave of the Fireflies: Sprint 12

 In this sprint, I helped create a new introductory level that precedes the main experience. I created the sequencer, adding in the introduc...