Monday, September 28, 2020

Composition

 This week we were given a set of models and tasked with creating a piece using one of the different composition types. After looking at Star Wars concept art for inspiration, I decided I wanted to go with an orange/blue color palette, and have a traditional/retro vibe.


Inspiration

I created a radii composition and placed my models mostly in the foreground and midground and used a photogrammetry capture of a diorama of the Star Wars Galaxy's Edge theme park area by Reverse Imagineering in the background. I color shifted the diorama's texture in Photoshop to match my color palette and applied basic colored materials to my models using aistandard shaders with aiambientOcclusion connected into the base parameter.

Location of Given Models

Radii Composition

I brought in the beauty and AO render passes into Photoshop and used the ID pass for masking. I created masks to blur the midground and background slightly, and adjusted the brightness and contrast. Then, I merged the layers, and with the foreground and background colors set to different reddish-purple shades went into the Filter Gallery and applied the Paint Daubs, Palette Knife, and Conte Crayon filters. Then, I duplicated the original render on top as a Color blending mode and smudged out artifacts from the photogrammetry. Then I applied black and white gradients for lighting.

Base with Blur

Apply Filters

Color Blending Mode

Add Light

Final






No comments:

Post a Comment

Grave of the Fireflies: Sprint 12

 In this sprint, I helped create a new introductory level that precedes the main experience. I created the sequencer, adding in the introduc...